Sunday, March 25, 2007

I've got the bug


I've got the bug.

Don't know whether it is spring fever or the sheer fact that it's been about 10 months since I've heard the words, "Sold!" I've got the selling fever, which means that I've got the writing fever, too. I'm ready to sign on the dotted line. Ready to announce another sale. Ready to get pumped up and powdered up and go-out-on-the-town shouting like Sally Fields, "You like me! You really like me!"

I'm ready to sell another book. A short story. What have you.

I'm getting antsy. Okay, so maybe it IS spring. The windows are open. I hear kids on the street playing. Couples are walking. Dogs are barking. Geese are landing on the lake. Spring. Everything is either moving or waking up or bursting out.

That's how I feel at the moment. Like I'm gonna burst out. There are so many stories in me, so many words to put on that page, so many proposals to get together and shoot off to editors, agents. And only so many hours in the day.

Hence, the problem with getting the bug. I tend to want to sit at the computer all day long. Oh, I have a pattern. I write for a couple of hours. I get up. Do laundry. Clean the kitchen. Take a walk. Write some more. That's the weekends. I can handle that. During the week, we somehow have to work in at least 8 (more like 9 or 10) hours on the day job. They expect that, you know, in exchange for the paycheck.

But it's spring. And the flowers are pushing up. And the grass is getting greener. And my muse is just tickling at me...urging me...write, write, write!

She usually knows when the time is good. I trust her gut. Mine, too. Strike while the iron is hot. Get the ideas, the thoughts, the plot, the story down.

And soon again, maybe I'll hear, "Sold!"

Happy Sunday to you! It is a beautiful day here in Kentucky.

maddie
Post a Comment