Saturday, June 30, 2007

Wind in My Sails -- Permanently (I hope)

Thinking of my post of yesterday, I realize that I didn't quite get to the point I'd intended. Initially. However, the point I did make, that perhaps there is something to be done about that bankruptcy clause in our contracts, is a good one.

I love when the subconscious works like that. Takes me away from my original idea to something a bit more poignant.

But that is not the subject of today's blog. That whole bankruptcy thing set me back about a week. My inbox was flooded with nearly 500 emails a day from other authors in the same boat debating our next steps. Advice from attorneys was flung around faster than a speeding bullet. And it all came about to the same advice. Do what you can, wait, do more, wait, follow the steps, wait.

I can't wait forever to get the wind back in my sails. I need to be working toward something, not stalled. And then it hit me.

I have contracted books to write. I can't pine away over the lost book any longer. I've given it a week. One week. And now, God rest her soul, if she's lost to me forever, I am going to have to deal with it and move on. Grief process. Denial. Anger. Shed a tear or two. Acceptance. Write the next book.

So, she's wafting out there someplace waiting for her home. She'll find one, I'm assuming, somewhere. The when and where is the question.

In the meantime, I've got a LOT of work to do. I'll have books coming out in November, December, January, February and March! Are they all written? No! So what am I pining away for? I have work to do!

I think I feel that wind puffing back in my sails again. Foreward Ho!

Have a great weekend, y'all.

maddie
Post a Comment