Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nagging Characters

Nag, nag, nag. Would you please stop? I can't stand this nagging any longer. I am just going to have to do something about it.

Like, uh, write. Yes. Get their stories down on paper.

Lately my characters have been nagging me like crazy. They are stuck in one position like that kid on the digital camera commercial frozen over the swimming pool. I know right where I left them and they've been there for a couple of days now. The hero just sank into a chair with the heroine on his lap right after they've struggled through a weird realization and heroine was madly flailing about.

I suppose they do need some cooling off time. But I wish they'd stop that incessant nagging. Don't they realize I will get back to them sooner or later?

Sooner, they tell me. We're ready to move on. And you know what is coming next. So hop to it!

Nag, nag, nag.

I know, I do need to move them on, and I will. Tomorrow. I promise....

Stop it! I think my heroine just kicked me.

Sheesh.

madz
Post a Comment