Sunday, October 14, 2007

Featured Author ~ Lyn Armstrong

Today, ladies and gents, we have as our feature author Lyn Armstrong, whose debut book The Last Celtic Witch is now available from Resplendence Publishing. Lyn is a fellow author from my publishing house and I’ve heard she writes some really hot and spicy sexy stuff! I’m sure you’ll want to check her books out.

Maddie: Tell us a little about yourself.

Lyn: I come from Australia and have lived in Florida for 4 years. I am on the Board of Florida Romance Writers and a member of Romance Writers of America. Along with being an author I am also an actress. This year I will be a cast member of the Florida Renaissance Festival. But my main passion is writing. I love to write historical erotic romance novels and have a recently published with Resplendence Publishing.

Maddie: You have a new book out. We’d love to hear about it.

Lyn: Yes, I do have a new book out, THE LAST CELTIC WITCH. It is the first book of the Celtic Series.

Pursued by evil forces for her powers, recluse Adela MacAye foresees her own agonizing death. She must seek the chosen one to produce an heir and pass on her Celtic powers. To fail would be the end of good magick, plunging the world into darkness. Conjuring a fertility spell she is led to a sensual chieftain who is betrothed to the sorceress that hunts her. Time is running out as fate and the future pursue her.

Plagued by enemies and undermined by sabotage, handsome Laird Phillip Roberts must save his clan from a bloody feud with an alliance through marriage … a marriage he does not want. After a night of white-hot sensual delights with the alluring witch, his heart commands he break the pledge of peace. With treachery around every corner, will he be too late to save … The Last Celtic Witch?

THE LAST CELTIC WITCH – available now at http://www.resplendencepublishing.com/

Maddie: You’ve just sold your first book. How exciting! We’d love to know the details.

Lyn: When Jessica Berry, Editor of Resplendence Publishing, called me to say she wanted to offer me a contract, I thought she was kidding. I was waiting for her say, "Ha, ha, had you fooled." LOL. When it finally hit me she was deadly serious, I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait for her to get off the phone so I could scream the house down.

Maddie: What advice do you have for aspiring writers?

Lyn: Join a writers group and find a critique partner. Not only will these people help you learn the craft of writing, but they will support you when times are rough. And believe me, not too many writers can boast of being published without receiving countless rejection letters from publishers. I feel only another writer can understand the heartache of getting rejection after rejection for their manuscript. Even more important is to be persistent. Never give up, no matter what. Being published is a numbers game, the more times you submit, the better your chances of finding a publisher who loves your work.

What is your next project?

I am currently working on the second book in the Celtic Series, THE WITCH AND THE SORCERER. It follows the life of Gavenia Roberts, Adela’s daughter from “The Last Celtic Witch”. A bored and powerful witch, Gavenia wishes to explore the world, but is kept safely behind the walls of her parent’s adobe, Gleich Castle. Her only duty is to marry and produce an heir to pass on the Celtic powers, there is just one problem. With the gift of sight, she foresees her death at the end of labor. She must resist men at all costs. To mate with a man, is to mate with death. So when a mysterious man seduces Gavenia in her dreams, she could not resist her heart’s desire and her body’s reaction to his sensual skills in the bed chamber. If she only found out sooner the handsome sorcerer had more sinister plans for her other than an unattainable life of passion and adventure.

THE WITCH AND THE SORCERER – available January, 2008 – Resplendence Publishing.

Lyn, thanks so much for being my guest today. I can't wait to read The Last Celtic Witch and all that come after. Best wishes to you and here is wishing for many many more sales!

maddie

Post a Comment