Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm sure I won't get lei-ed

This, is the normal view from my office.













This will be the view from my office for this next week.

Yes, my friends, I will be working from Waikiki Beach.

I know, it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. I am sacrificing myself for the good of the organization and oh-so-humbly accepted the invitation to participate in conference activities there. I know, I know...I am a martyr to be sure.
It will be a hardship. It will be time-consuming. It will be work, work, work the whole time we are there. You know how that is, you go to a conference and the only thing you see is the inside of the airport, the cab and the hotel. I'm sure it will be the same this week. Just absolutely positive. I am confident that I will not look once out of my hotel balcony over-looking Waikiki Beach or even attempt to dig my toes into tiny warm grains of sand anywhere. I'm quite certain I will not have a mai tai or participate in a luau. And quite honestly, I doubt that I will see even one loin-cloth clad Hawaiian male dancing and shaking and...oh my....

And I'd even be surprised if I got lei-ed.

But just in case, I plan to take pictures (of the scenery, silly!) so stay tuned....

Aloha,

maddie
Post a Comment