Wednesday, November 21, 2007

On Being Thankful

It is natural at this time of the year that people start thinking about all of the things we are thankful for. I’m no different. We suffer the rough patches through the year and sometimes the good things get lost in the shuffle. But if we look deep enough and long enough, there are so many good things we can give thanks for.

I’m thankful for so much this year and wanted to share my list (in no particular order of importance):

  • My children. They’ve grown up and I marvel in all they do each and every day. My goodness, what wonderful young adults they have grown up to be. I’m so proud of them.
  • My girlfriends. Without them, I’m not sure what I would do. I need you guys.
  • My funny little grandchildren, who with only a simple smile, light up my heart.
  • My family, each and every one of them, who have always been there.
  • My writing network – my chapters, my sisterwriters, my novelsisterhood, my rplovelies, and so many more. Life just wouldn’t be the same without each of you.
  • My new publisher. You see so much in me and always, always build me up. You believe in me and it makes it so much easier for me to believe in myself.
  • A book in print this year. Enough said.
  • My home. It is my haven. And I love being tucked within its four walls.
  • My job. After all, it supports my writing habit.
  • My good health. My eyesight. My energy. I need them all. Thank you. Also, I’m thankful for the good health of everyone in my family.
  • My travels. I’ve seen so much, experienced so much, am thankful for all the people I’ve met along the way.
  • And last but not least, the re-acquaintance of a very special person. I’m glad we found each other again and look forward to good times in the future.

I know there are many more things for which I am thankful. Probably too many to list here. But these are on my mind today and, well, there they are.

I’d love to hear from some of you, too, and hear what you are thankful this day.

maddie

Post a Comment