Sunday, April 20, 2008

Okay, okay...so I didn't blog from RT

But oh...what a week!

Apologies for not blogging, it truly was out of my control. I had no Internet available in my room for half of my time there. The other half, the signal was so weak it reminded me of my dial-up days in the mid-nineties. Emails took forever to load and send and getting a website loaded was nearly impossible. So, I decided to forgot about the blogging thing.

I'll attempt to provide some highlights as they come to me in the next few days. Here are a few:
  • Sadly, the hotel was a mess. Currently under construction, we tripped down service stairs with rolls of carpet and buckets of spackle and other stuff, dodged power outages, tolerated surly servers, etc. However, most of the staff were pleasant and accommodating, even though they were all probably very tired of hearing complaints. To be honest, I'm happy with simple things--like a clean bed to sleep in and a Do Not Disturb sign on my doorknob. We all muddled through. (still, would have loved to have had reliable Internet but oh well, I survived that addiction, too!)
  • In the category romance session with Harlequin/Silhouette authors and Randall Toye, the conversation turned largely to ebooks rather than print at one point. Not sure that was expected but kind of nice to hear the responses.
  • Also in that session, Mr. Toye spoke of Robert McKee's story structure seminars and said all Harlequin editors go through the seminar. Guess who bought McKee's Story book off Amazon this afternoon?
  • On to more fun things...the hottest cover model of the week, in my opinion, was John Fish from Houston. I left early on Saturday after the booksigning so have not heard who won the Mr. Romance contest yet. Let me know, okay, if you find out before I do? John certainly got my vote. Perhaps I'll look for a pic and post in later in the week...
  • I sold out of all copies of my book THE CURSE at the booksigning. Yay!
  • My friends and authors Aleka Nakis and James Goodman happened to step on the elevator with the fabulous Fabio. I believe Aleka has a picture somewhere. Wonder if she will share?
  • Author Catherine Chernow and I were invited to join the stage during the one-of-a kind Heather Graham dinner theatre production -- a whodunit featuring fairy tale characters with a paranormal twist. Loved the rendition of Hotel California..er...Transylvania sung by F. Paul Wilson.
  • I had a wonderful time meeting readers, like Anne and Patricia from Philadelphia. I hope you guys enjoy THE CURSE and LADIES OF LEGEND: FINDING HOME!
Wishing everyone safe travels home today and tomorrow. I'm off to Arizona tomorrow for the day job. Tomorrow night you can find me in my normal haunt on www.nowlive.com on the Romantic Dialogue show. Come see us! Author Karen Kendall is being interviewed.

Talk soon.

maddie
Post a Comment