Thursday, May 29, 2008

Validation: A Review for THE CULT

Nothing perks a writer up like validation of her work. Okay, well, I'll just talk about me rather than writers in general.

Nothing perks me up more than validation of my work.

There. I said it. And boy do I feel validated. I hope this doesn't sound like an ego thing because really, it isn't. It's about others telling you what you thought in your heart to be true, but you really needed to hear it from someone else to make it feel "real."

Okay, so yesterday I got a review for my book THE CULT. A really, really, good review. In fact, an outstanding review. Okay, so I'm stopping right there because yeah, now it's starting to sound like an ego thing.

But it's not. Truly. Like I said, it's about validation. Someone, somewhere, likes my story as much as I do, and damn, they've even said it OUT LOUD. Now, I'm here to tell you, that feels good. And I just thought I'd share.

Here is a snippet of the review for THE CULT, book two in The Legend of Blackbeard's Chalice series...

Title: The Cult
Author: Maddie James
Publisher: Resplendence Publishing
ISBN: SKU# 24-200-107-414-3
FORMAT: Ebook
Date Released: Feb. 2008
Genre: Contemporary, Paranormal
Rating (1-5 Pixies or a Recommended Read): 5 Pixies

This is one series I’d definitely like to have as Keepers and to read in order. I’m particularly impressed by Ms. James’ really seamless interweaving of the historical life on Ocacroke Island during Tory’s lifetime (1756) and the contemporary setting experienced by horror author Colton MacKenzie in Manhattan and on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. This is a difficult transposition, but Ms. James accomplishes it perfectly

And if you are interested in reading the full review, you can find it here:

Dark Angel Reviews

Thanks for indulging me as I celebrate!

maddie
Post a Comment