Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Sisterhood

You know, there is nothing like the sisterhood to pull you through when times get tough. Yeah, that's right, this is gonna be another of those sappy blogs about women friends and sisters and how important they are--well, at least to me they are.

Men, well, of course. Love 'em, hate 'em, gotta have 'em, too. But my women friends, damn, they are there for you when you need them most. And there ain't nothin' that beats that, dontcha know?

Now, I'm not gonna sugarcoat this. Really, I'm not. Because my sisters all know that there are days we love each other to pieces, and there are days we want to scratch each other's eyes out. Well, maybe it's not that bad but there are days when we get mad, stomp off, say things we shouldn't, maybe even hurt a feeling or two--and then kiss and make up in a few hours or the next day.

Yeah, we know we shouldn't do that, but we all do that from time to time, don't we? It's too bad, really, but maybe if we can do all that, and make up and be best of friends again, it's all part of the process. I dunno. Somehow it just works.

Been a sucky week for me. Down in the dumps, stressed, overwhelmed...but hey, my sisterwriters were there and pulled me through. I love those girls to pieces. I don't need to mention who they are because, hey, they know who they are and that is all that is important.

And to my own sister, who until a few weeks ago, we'd not spent longer than about 6 hours together in, oh, about 30 years. Seriously. We spent five whole days together this summer and we didn't even fight once. It was great. I think each of us came away with a new found sense of who our sisters really are. And you know, I like my sister a whole lot. She's a good kid. (hm, she's 48, can I call her a kid? well, she is my little sister...)

So here's to the sisterhood. I love you guys. Is there a margarita around here somewhere?

maddie
Post a Comment