Saturday, July 12, 2008

This 'n That

Wow, been a while, huh? Okay, so I'll give you a bit of a run down on Maddie's Hectic Life of late.

Had a wonderful visit with my sister for a few days about a week or so ago. This was her first venture to Kentucky on her own, sans kids and hubby, for quite some time. We had a great time and I showed her a bit of Louisville. Ended up having a drink after dinner at Jeff Ruby's downtown and listening to some music. Niiiice, evening.

I had a great time on June 28 speaking at the Hardin County Public Library with Jan Scarbrough about "our writing paths." Jan and I have been friends for a lot of years, critique partners, and writing buds. Our paths have intertwined often as we walked down that road toward publication. The audience was small but grand, and I loved every minute of it.

After my sister left, I had to dig in on the current wip. Yes, I was under deadline. Correction. I was past deadline. But perseverance does pay off and I did deliver my manuscript to my editor last Monday evening. THE QUEST is now in the can. I can breathe again. Sort of.

My next deadline is a couple of weeks away. Fortunately, this is for a short story and it is already started. I think I'll be okay.

I noticed that both RED and BLUE have sneaked up the bestseller list on the Resplendence title list on Fictionwise in the past couple of days. Woohoo! I like that. CURSE still sits as the number one print bestseller on the Resplendence Publishing website. The sales numbers at Amazon have been great lately for both CURSE and CULT. I am very thankful!

Today I visited and joined the local chapter of Sisters in Crime. What a great group of writers and I look forward to hanging with this group more. I paid my dues, so matter of fact, I will. Today's program featured a local K-9 officer and his wonderful dog Rowdy. What a cutie. Oh, the dog, too. :)

Okay, back to the short story. Soon. I'll be back soon. Promise!

maddie
Post a Comment