Wednesday, December 03, 2008

A Cinnamon Morning

I'm having coffee this morning. Nothing unusual about that. But this morning, my coffee is flavored with a hint of cinnamon and I believe, this is the perfect start to my day. It feels like a treat but I plan to make it a daily treat.

You see, last week, while on a business trip to Albuquerque, I stayed at the Cinnamon Morning Bed and Breakfast on Rio Grande. I'd stayed there once before this past summer, in one of their casitas. This time I stayed in the main house and upon rising, was immediately struck with a remembrance.

I loved the cinnamon coffee I had here before.

Funny, I'd not thought about it until the smell of the brew hit me in the face when I entered the kitchen.

Ah. Ummmm... Yes.

So I asked Sue, the proprietress of the establishment, how she made her coffee. Cinnamon sticks, she said, broken up on the coffee. A good grade of coffee. And oh, I get my cinnamon in Mexico. It's softer. Hmmmm.... I don't get to Mexico often. In fact, I've only been to Mexico once. But how...? Or, she added, find a Mexican market in your area.

Yes. I can do that! There are a number of Mexican markets where my daughter lives.

So that is the plan. But in the meantime, I fudged and broke up a bunch of cinnamon sticks that I already had in the pantry, into the coffee I already had in the pantry. This was the experimental batch and well, yes, it does the trick. In a pinch.

Now, I need to get to a market. This IS my new favorite coffee.

How do you like your coffee in the morning?
Post a Comment