Sunday, January 04, 2009

A blog and books and nominations and suitcases and flying and...

Just a couple of quick notes today as I get myself ready to head out very early in the morning for San Diego. I'll be out there for a few days for the day job and am hoping to find some sunshine, somewhere, as it seems in short supply here in the midwest! I have an insanely early flight so it will be early-to-bed-and-early-to-rise for this old chicken.

Here are a few things I wanted to share. All good!
  • I just posted a blog over on SisterWriters about what a difference ten years has made inthe publishing industry. Check it out if you get a chance.

  • I've been nominated! I'm thrilled to announce that my romantic suspense/thriller novel A Perfect Escape has been nominated in the Best Thriller 2008 category in the Preditors & Editors Reader's Poll. If you have read the book and care to vote, you can do so by clicking here.

  • I've been nominated, again! Well, or I should say, Mia has. My erotic novella Nice and Naughty, written under my pen name, Mia Jae, has been nominated as Best Erotica 2008 in the Preditors and Editors Readers Poll as well as for Best Cover! You can vote by clicking on the links for the categories. You have until January 14 to vote!

  • Wait! Another nomination? What now? That's right, this time it is not for one of my books, but for this blog. I found out yesterday that Life, Unedited, has been nominated for a 2009 bloggie award. The nominations are open until January 12. The blogs with the most nominations stand a chance of becoming a finalist. Life, Unedited was nominated in the best-kept secret weblog category. If you would also like to nominate my blog, you can do so by clicking here and scrolling to the right, to the best-kept secret weblog category (it's pink!) You'll need this information: 1) Nominee: Life, Unedited, and 2) URL: http://www.maddiejameslifeunedited.com By the way, they ask you to nominate three blogs, so if you don't have three blogs in mind, look to the right sidebar of this page and see a few that I frequent. Maybe you'll see one you like, too!
That's it! Thanks for indulging me in a bit of shameless promotion and almost downright begging. LOL Know that I appreciate your support in any and all of the above.

Happy Sunday and talk soon. Got to finish packing now...
Post a Comment