Thursday, January 08, 2009

Early Birds

I'm an early bird. I can get more work done before 9 a.m. than most people. I love getting up early when the day is fresh. So it's not unusual that I was up at 5 a.m. this morning. I worked for a while then showered and dressed and then noticed a sliver of light coming through my hotel room drapes.

Sunrise. Yes. But as the drapes were pulled back, I noticed a heavy mist over the bay and also a bit of fog on my sliding glass door.

I also saw this:
What in the world?

I had a clue so I slowly unlatched the door and slid it away. The things came closer and stared.

Waiting.
For something.
Coots!

And I think they wanted food! I had nothing to give them so they hung around for a while and then when another human presented himself on the dock, they waddled and swam his way.


The old coots. Guess they figured this early bird might have some worms. Wrong. I'm still waiting on room service!
Post a Comment