Friday, January 02, 2009

An Iron Cupcake Challenge Flunky...

Okay, guys, I seriously need your help. I'm counting on y'all.

As you may, or may not, have realized, I flunked the Iron Cupcake Challenge this month. Why? Because I did not enter! Not sure HOW I let that happen, I'm sitting here appalled at myself. After all, the secret ingredient for December was of all things -- chocolate. Chocolate! How in the world did I let the opportunity to bake chocolate cupcakes get by me?

I have no clue.

Oh, perhaps it was that holiday thing. And work. And the writing deadline. Hm.

Anyhoo, a winner has been chosen and congrats to her! You can read more about it here. And that cupcake in the picture? Yep, that was the winner. Yum, huh? You betcha.

But here is my dilemma. I do not want to let January pass me by without a Maddie James entry into the Iron Cupcake Challenge. So... I need your help. In what way, you say? Ideas! And here is why. It's that secret ingredient thing.

Which is... wine!

It doesn't matter what kind of wine, the secret ingredient just has to be wine! I'm lookin' for ideas. How would you use wine in your cupcake?

C'mon, you guys. I know you like wine! What kind of wine would you use? How? Be creative!

We have a little while to ponder this. The entry does not have to be posted until noon on Jan. 24. I'd love to hear your ideas and then, I'll design my recipe. And of course, I'll give you all the credit!

But wait. If you comment and give me your ideas this weekend, I'll put your name in the hat for a drawing for a 2009 Flavors of Life Calendar. How's that?

(be sure and leave me your contact info if I don't have it!)
Post a Comment