Friday, January 02, 2009

Perfectly Matched

I mentioned yesterday that I finished my work-in-progress earlier this week. It's so great to have a writing project finished so I can begin thinking about the next one. In this case, my next one will be book two of the series that I'm just starting.

Some of you may remember Suzie Matthews. I totally fell in love with Suzie's character when I wrote her into the novella Bed, Breakfast and You, which was in the first Ladies of Legend anthology, Finding Home.

I don't know why I love her so much, I just do. I've thought about this. Maybe it is because Suzie is really me. Or, well, my fantasy me. Or maybe the me I strive to be. Or the me I plan to be when I grow up.

Am I grown up yet?

Yes. I just decided that I'm growing up this year. This, of course, is another subject entirely but I'm tired of putting off growing up, or saying, "I'll do that when I'm grown up." Dammit, I'm grown up! It is now time to DO IT.

So I will. I'll be Suzie.

Anyway, Suzie lives in Legend, Tennessee and she is the owner of Legend's Landing Bed and Breakfast. She's also a chef and a cookbook author. In fact, in Bed, Breakfast and You, she was writing her cookbook, The Best of Legend's Landing Bed & Breakfast. I've often wondered if perhaps I should actually write that cookbook. We'll see.

And Suzie, even though she has had her own story, has occured in cameo in several other stores in the Ladies of Legend series. But now... Now, she is back! And this time she is wreaking havoc as The Matchmaking Chef!

Perfectly Matched is the first story in the series. It will be released in February. Here is the blurb:

Suzie Matthews is busy working on her new cookbook, Perfectly Matched, when she asks the local “wallflower” to help her with her project, in an attempt to bring the young woman out of her shell. Mary Lou Picketts dreams of falling in love with country music star, Nash Rhodes, but knows she’d settle for Thurman Phillips down the street if she had to. But she doesn’t want to. Not really. When Nash comes to Legend for a music benefit and stays at the lodge, Suzie wonders if she can perfectly match this miss-matched couple.


A couple of days ago I got the drafts for the covers of the series. Please note that these are the drafts and they still have a watermark on them. The final versions, of course, will not have that. But I love the covers and think they are very cute!


What do you think?
Post a Comment