Sunday, January 18, 2009

Tired as a Puppy

I'm spent. Drained. Exhausted. Just really, really tired.

Yes, like a puppy spent from an afternoon of being wallowed by kids.

I'll attempt to refrain from one of those "oh woe is me" type blogs. No. I would not do that to you. But I know you understand when life just gets a bit overwhelming and the walls are starting to pull in on you and things are spinning out of control in your head.

Ever know that feeling?

Okay, well then, you know where I've been lately. Spinning. Trying to keep head above water. Swimming as fast as I can. And all of those other cliche phrases that just mean we've got too darned much to do and too little time to do it in.

The blog has suffered. (picture a seriously frowning face here) I know, I don't like that either. But I'm sure if you are a regular reader you understand. We all have these days (weeks?), don't we?

Here's to Monday and the start of a new week. I'm looking forward to it and I'm sure you are, too.

The good news is that I finished the galleys this morning on my next release. Perfectly Matched, book one in The Matchmaking Chef series, will be out mid-February with Resplendence Publishing. I can't wait to share some more with you about this series, so look for some excerpts and the final cover art coming up soon!

Okay, so now I'm back to vegging for the rest of the Sunday afternoon. I plan to visit more this coming week. Take care and talk soon!

maddie

p.s. The puppy? That's my new grandpup, Molly. She's a purebred Bloodhound and evidently already giving my son a few fits with the housetraining. I'm glad he's practicing with dogs first before children....
Post a Comment