Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

A year ago on Valentine's Day weekend my son popped the question to his high school sweetheart. They were both twenty-two and had been dating since their high school junior prom. Kelli kept wondering what he was waiting for and he, simply, wanted it to be his own idea. And he wanted to do it up special.

So, he bought the ring, gathered her and their dogs up, and headed off to one of their special places, and proposed.

Their wedding took place this past fall and it went off without a hitch. I can't believe that my youngest is now a married man. He's grown up to be the kind of man that would make any mama proud. I love him dearly.

I thought in honor of Valentine's Day today, I would share a few pictures I snapped during the wedding and all the trimmings. Celebrating love, whatever the day of the year, is always a good thing.

Here is to you, Kyle and Kelli!

Love, Mom

Post a Comment