Friday, March 13, 2009

Finished! Done! Out the Door!

I put the final touches on my current wip last night. Hot Crossed Buns is out the door! Man, that does feel good.

There is always a sense of exhilaration and accomplishment when finishing a project. Something lifts for a little while and you sigh. There comes a few moments or hours or even days of bliss, and then...

Then your brain starts spinning the next one. Am I not correct?

For those of you who write, you might agree. For those of your who are readers, I bet you experience something similar.

My sister, the world's biggest bookaholic, (she keeps a book diary) says when she mourns the characters and thinks about what they might be doing next, she knows she's just finished a good book. Imagine my delight when she called me not long ago after reading A Perfect Escape and said, "So now, you have to write Mac and Rudy's (secondary characters in the book) story because I've been thinking about it and here would be the major plot element but what are you going to do about..."

So with all of us, readers and writers alike, we think about the story just past and ponder the next.

I'm so happy to be finished with Hot Crossed Buns, book two in The Matchmaking Chef series. I have three more novellas to go so guess what I'm thinking about next. Yes, book three, Dates du Jour.

But first I have to:
  • clean the house
  • do laundry
  • organize my office
  • buy a new computer
  • and the list goes on and on and on...
I'm sure I won't get everything accomplished before Dates du Jour starts infiltrating my pshyche. In fact, Lyssa Larkin, the heroine, who is so wanting to find a husband, is twiddling around with some conniving escapades she wants me to consider....

Oh, and don't forget, book one in the series is now available. You can find Perfectly Matched at Resplendence Publishing and Fictionwise.
Post a Comment