Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm free! Well, sorta... I'm on vacation!

No, I'm not at the beach, but I've thought about the beach a lot.

Nor am I in the mountains, although they do beckon.

A roller coaster ride might once have quelled my adventurous spirit...

...as would have a trail ride up into the Rockies.

But that's not me this week. No. My vacation this week has been here. At home.

And I am enjoying ever single minute of it--even if it has included laundry, housecleaning, and a little gardening. But the best part of all, it has included writing, writing and more writing.

I get enough of air travel and road trips and hotel rooms in my everyday work world. I'm a very happy camper sleeping in my own bed at night.

Sigh.

And the best part is this! Because I worked solid this fiscal year without taking many vacation days, I get to do it again at the end of June and beginning of July--for TWO weeks this time!

I could get used to this.

Are you going anywhere on vacation this year?
Post a Comment