Thursday, August 27, 2009

Lisa Alexander Griffin and A Celtic Lover's Magic

Welcome to Liza Alexander Griffin.

I met Lisa a few years ago when we were both trying out Yahoo360 as a networking venue, then later connected again via MySpace, and we have shared off and on conversations over time about our writing. I'm proud to call Lisa a friend and am celebrating her new release with her!

Hi, Lisa, tell us a little about yourself.

I live in rural North Alabama with my husband and eleven-year-old daughter, three cats, a dog and a red leopard appaloosa, oh… and let’s not forget the goldfish and parakeets, Buttercup and Curio. * weary smile* If left to my daughter we’d own a zoo.

My two older children have left the nest and given me three wonderful grandchildren. As a result I stay pretty busy. My writing journey started almost eight years ago. At first my stories were an outlet of sorts for my innermost thoughts. Now I write for pleasure. Honestly, I don’t think I could stop.

You have a new book out. We’d love to hear about it.

Actually, I have two, and both are with Freya’s Bower Publishing. A Celtic Lover’s Magic/contemporary fantasy, and a story titled The Unexpected Gift in One Touch, One Glance, A Sweet Romance Anthology. I consider it an honor to be among the seventeen authors chosen for this book. Each story gives a different perspective on life and love, and guarantees to touch your heart in a unique way.
What do you love about your editor?

Faith Bicknell-Brown is a true inspiration. She gently prods, bringing out the best in me without trying to change my voice. Her zany humor keeps me laughing and laughter makes the edits less painful. Lol. Marci Baun, editor-in-chief cares about her authors and her door is always open.

What does your writing schedule look like? Are you a morning writer? A night owl?

I write some mornings, but mostly at night when the house is quiet and everyone is asleep. No one shouts Mom I’m hungry or help me with homework. No one grumbles, honey, I need clean clothes, or is dinner ready yet?

Do you have a writer’s cave? Can we see a picture?

Can’t show a picture of my writer’s cave, as it’s a recliner in the living room with a laptop table. Mom has to keep an eye on things, make sure the house runs smoothly, and keep everyone from feeling neglected.

What advice do you have for aspiring writers?

Don’t give up, no matter how many rejections you get, or how discouraged you become. Perseverance is key, along with talent and a little luck. Learn all you can, join writer’s groups for support. A group that has helped me tremendously is Avoid Writer’s Hell. Faith Bicknell-Brown, my editor, is the owner. The group is open to, and welcomes new members.

The link is: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Avoid_Writers_Hell/

Mini lessons are sent through, every writing topic imaginable is discussed. We lend support, answer questions, and boost spirits. The camaraderie is phenomenal. Writing is a continual learning process. Guidelines and standards change. No writer ever knows all.

What is your next project?

Danielle’s Touch, a full-length contemporary romance targeted for Harlequin. The story addresses domestic violence issues, a woman’s strength to break free, overcome obstacles and find her HEA. Wish me luck. It’s in editing stages as we speak, and I hope to find a home for it soon.

I’ve also recently started a Native American story titled Perigee Moon, set in the Tennessee- Alabama area in1775. This is my first try at a Historical and may take a while. Lots of research!

Do you have any writing rituals? Like special music, times of the day, food quirks, etc?

I sometimes listen to music, but mostly I like quiet. When my reservoir runs dry I replenish it with books and movies. Hey! Let’s not forget the caffeine. I couldn’t function without it.

Today, writers need not only write great books, but be great promoters of their books, too. What kinds of things do you do?

I still struggle with that aspect of the business. Promotions are hard. I post in-groups, my web site and myspace, do interviews and contests. Most importantly I try to stay in touch with readers. Wish I had a magic formula but I don’t.

What else would you like to tell us?

First: I’m extremely nervous with interviews. Thank you Maddie, for making it so painless.

Second: For updates on new releases, where my published works can be found, and current works in progress, check out www.lisaalexandergriffin.com or www.myspace.com/destinyschoice8 If you stop by, leave a message. I love to hear from readers and authors alike.

Third: Six wonderful authors have banned together to form a new group. Faith Bicknell-Brown/Zinnia Hope, Adrianne Brennan, Trinity Blacio, Debbie Gould, Jaime Samms and myself. Stop by and visit us at Six Dream Weavers. You just might like what you see.

We can be found here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SixDreamWeavers/

A Celtic Lover’s Magic Blurb:

Liam Macauley inherits what he believes to be a mansion in Ireland from an uncle he’s never known. The moment he sets foot on Irish soil, nothing is as it seems.

Caileaan, descendent of the Sidhe, ancient gods of Eire, the Tuatha De Danann, longs to dig her toes into freshly turned earth, toil side by side with a husband, birth his children, know what it is to be loved and alive as one with humans.

In a battle of darkness and light, will the evil Fomhoire destroy the promise made to Caileaan, and thwart Liam’s chance to gain his hearts desire?

Check out the book trailer!!
http://www.blazingtrailers.com/show.php?title=417


Click here for more Author Interviews by Maddie James on Examiner.
Post a Comment