Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy Sunday


Every once in a while we get one of those, you know? A lazy Sunday.

I woke to thunder rippling through overhead and rain gently beating down on my roof. I glanced at the clock, realized that it was Sunday, smiled and turned over in my covers. Nice. I slept another couple of hours. That set the tone to the rest of my day very nicely.

The Muses agree. They've been lazy all day with me. Clio is at her perch at the back door, watching the rain come down and wishing for an occasional bug to come by so she can make an attempt to pounce on it through the glass door. Of course, she can't get to it but she still loves to try. Calliope has been at my side most of the day, curled up next to my legs and sleeping. I think they missed me last week while I was out of town in New Mexico.

So, today is a great day to catch up and that is what I have been doing. I've already done a couple of blogs, updated my Facebook page, and plan to work on a short story later in the day. I have an article to write, too, and pictures to select and send to the editor for that piece. I'll probably just get the pictures ready today, doubt that the article will find it's way onto my list. Still, I'll be happy to lazily run through my day's to do list and check a few things off.

Lazy days are nice. I can handle them. My comfy chair, my feet up, my Muses occupied with sleep and bug-watching, laptop on my lap and the Food Network on the tube. What else could I want?

Bug Watchin'


Post a Comment