Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

Are you a follower?

I'm a follower and so is my son. We LOVE the book, Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. My son says that those of us who love the book are followers.

Last night I shared a late text message conversation with him that warmed my heart. The conversation went something like this:

Son: Holy Shit! They are coming out with a "where the wild things are" movie!

Me: LOL I saw that over the weekend. Will you go see it? By the way, you made me laugh out loud.

Son: Hell yeah I'm gonna go see it!!!! Wanna go?

Me: Sure! Would be fun. Gonna take your wild thing doll?

Son: I don't have it, and it's not a doll! Do u have it?

Me: I don't know. I'll have to check. Oh, right, not a doll...

Son: Yeah. Action figure.

Me: LOL

Oh, in case you haven't guessed, my son is not a little boy anymore, he's 24 years old and married! And yes, the book is probably his fave of all time. (and no, it's NOT a doll!)

Here's a sneak peek of the movie!

Post a Comment