Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dear Blog, I miss you...


Dear Blog,

I have not been here for a few days. I miss you. I am sorry.

I'm here in New Mexico, as you know, for the day job. I have 12 days left of the day job before I become I become "the boss of me." Yeah, don't you remember? I resigned my day job back in December and agreed to work until January 30. That day is close approaching!

It's exciting and scary at the same time. I have a lot of work to tie up here at the day job before I go. I am sure I will miss my window office over-looking a sliver of Ohio River, but I will gain a window looking over my backyard. I know I'll miss an occasional lunch with friends, walking over to Queue, or down to Panera Bread, or all the way down to 4th Street Live to peruse the books at Borders. But I'll gain scanning my own library of books in my home and grazing throughout the day at home. I can pick up my laptop at any time and decide to work at Starbucks or Panera if I want, or visit my local Middletown Library branch.

I'm going to like that. I'm looking forward to the freedom and not to mention, working in my jammies if I choose.

So, Dear Blog, bear with me a little longer. Twelve days. And I'll be visiting you most every day. I've been working hard out here all week in New Mexico. I'm visiting the schools on the rez, the part of the work that I really love to do. It's nice to know that I will still be able to do this part of the job on a part-time basis.

Take care. Talk soon.

Maddie
Post a Comment