Tuesday, January 05, 2010

I am quirky like Sandra Lee

I could be Sandra Lee. Really, I could. Oh, I'm not blonde. Or tall. Or thin. And I don't have a test kitchen. But maybe I'm just kind of "like" her, in a lot of ways.

I wake up with projects on my mind. It happens to me all the time. Does that happen to you? It happens to Sandra Lee.

I mean, when I'm really deep into an idea or concept, it's there consciously and unconsciously, awake or asleep. Lately, there is this current idea that has consumed me. It's with me night and day, I tweak it, I twiddle with it, I jot down notes. I wish I could work on it steadily but I can't right now because of deadlines and other obligations.

Still, it won't let me go.

The concept actually came to me in a dream a few weeks ago. That happens occasionally for me, and sometimes I think about it for a while, and it gradually goes away. A few times the "aura" for lack of a better word, is so strong it WILL NOT let go.

That's this idea. The one in my head right now.

Won't let me go.

And, by golly, that's fine with me!

It reminds me of Sandra Lee, who if you don't know, has a show called Semi-Homemade on the Food Network. It's a show I watch a lot. On Sunday, an interviewer said, "Aren't you ever afraid of running out of ideas?"

She quickly replied, "Oh no! I get out of bed and I think, I could do a lovely show on...."  "And I could do this... or that...." Those weren't her exact words but she rattled on and on and all I could do was smile.

I'm not alone. I'm not crazy. There are other people out there with a plethora of ideas spilling out of their heads and they also get up with projects on their mind.

Feels good to know that.

Now, I've got this project to get to...
Post a Comment