Wednesday, January 06, 2010

It's going to snow: Time for French toast!


Like most of the nation, we've had frigid temperatures here lately. Now, we're bracing for the snow. Prior to this, we've had a few flurries and a dusting.

The weather people say anywhere from 2-5 inches, depending upon who you talk to. They started predicting this a couple of days ago. That always makes me a bit leery because when they start to prepare us in advance we will either experience:


a) nothing, or
b) the worst storm ever

I'm hoping for somewhere in the middle. I would love to be home a couple of days with no distractions to finish the current project. But that remains to be seen.

The winter storm watch alerts started coming yesterday in my email. The meteorologists told us to prepare. People started talking about going to the grocery store. You know, to buy milk, eggs and bread.



So what gives? What is it with milk, eggs and bread? I know you've witnessed it. The snow is coming, you go to the store, and the bread, milk, and egg shelves are empty because people have bought everything up.

I can only deduce one thing from this phenomena--when the snow comes, people make French toast. Is there any other explanation for this?


I think not.
Post a Comment