Sunday, May 16, 2010

Outer Banks - Day 1

Yesterday morning I set out on a little road trip. I drove east for 8 hours, slept, they drove 5 more today. Of course, those times include all pit stops along the way. My destination? The Outer Banks of North Carolina.

In the 90s, we (my family and I) vacationed there every year for about 10 years. The family configurations were always different but it didn't matter, we always had a wonderful time together, whoever showed up.

This time, it's just me, eight years after the last time I was here. I miss the kids, and my sister and her family, and my parents--I see them in every landmark I pass--but this week or so is for me. And next year? We're already planning that June family gettogether. I know just the house.

I thought I'd share a few pictures from today. I'll share more thoughout the week.
A wedding on the beach!
Post a Comment