Monday, July 05, 2010

Dream, believe, explore....

When I painted and reconfigured my office a couple of months ago, I chose this lovely turquoise color that I absolutely loved. For a while, I soaked up the turquoise every morning and I refrained from putting anything on the walls so I could wallow in the rich color.

But that all passed.

About two weeks ago, while shopping at Target, I stumbled upon some nice wall plaques with different sayings and determined that these were perfect for the wall above my computer. So, every morning, I work, and glance up then and again, to remind me of how and why I am doing what I am doing...and to keep visualizing what's to come.

I'd already bought the "and they lived happily ever after" some months earlier, but the other three are new. The buffalo? He was a gift to me from a school I visited in South Dakota, and he seemed a perfect companion to the other pieces.

Believe. Dream. Imagine. Chase your dreams. Explore.

Essential for writing and essential for life, I think.

And they lived happily ever after? A nice reminder of why I write romance. Appropriate.

I'll leave you with the quote from Thoreau, from the "explore" picture above. I think about that when I'm writing. How far to the edge can I take my characters, my story, my readers....

Post a Comment