Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Lady's Not a Vamp: Tessie Bradford


How can you not love an erotic romance author who is also addicted to the Food Network? Take it from me, an author who writes culinary romance, (and addicted to the Food Network, herself) this is a great combination!


Tessie Bradford is here with me today, talking not about food, but about her latest release from Ellora's Cave titled,The Lady's Not a Vamp.


Now, if that title doesn't make you want to read more, just take a quick peek to the right at the cover.


Yes, you may drool now.


Let's learn a little more about Tessie!


Tessie, tell us a little about yourself.


I live in southeastern Michigan with my hubby of 23 years. I’m an avid reader, love to travel, am addicted to the Food Network and hate all things house cleaning.


You have a new book out. We’d love to hear about it.


The Lady’s Not a Vamp released July 6th with Ellora’s Cave. I’m a huge fan of all things vampire, so I had to create a couple of my own! Tony and Rick have been together for more than two hundred years. Imagine their surprise when they discover that new neighbor, Sandy, is their blood mate.  Of course there are a couple of problems they have to deal with on the journey to happily ever after. Sandy has no idea that vampires are real or that she’s been used by one as snack food. The guys have to save their mate from the bad vamp before they can get down to the important business at hand; convincing Sandy she is the perfect woman for them both! I absolutely loved creating this story!


What drives your story, your characters or the plot?


The characters! My books explore emotions, insecurities, unfulfilled desires and fantasies of real life women.


Do you have a day job? How do you balance the two?


I’m supposed to have balance??  Seriously, I’m beyond lucky to have a day job for the last 18 years that I love, and my bosses and co-workers are ultra- supportive of my writing career. Sometimes I have to work up to 50 hours a week, causing me to have to ‘write’ in my head and hopefully hold onto to the story until I can get to my laptop! When things are perfect, I get a few hours one or two days during the week and part of one day on the weekend to work on my books!


Congratulations on your success as an author. How many books do you have now? Which is your favorite?


I have two e-books with Resplendence Publishing, Training Randi and Possessing Eleanor. Training Randi is also in paperback in the Carnal Reunions anthology. As of August 11th, I will have four e-books with Ellora’s Cave, Ageless Desires, Oasis of Pleasure, The Lady’s Not a Vamp and Treasuring Evie.


Picking a favorite? Ageless was my first, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. GettingOasis to publication was a monumental learning experience on every level, making it pivotal in my journey as an author. Training Randi is incredibly special because fellow authors encouraged and supported me to participate in the project when I was suffering from an extreme case of creative insecurity. Possessing Eleanor hits every one of my buttons! *wink* I already talked about TLNaV. Last, but definitely not least, Treasuring Evie, was just a boatload of fun, from writing, through editing!


Ok, so if anyone remembers the question, they are all my “favorites”!!


Thanks so much for having me today, Maddie!


You are very welcome, Tessie! I have the blurb here for The Lady's Not a Vamp, so I want to make sure to share that here, too. Here goes:
Sandy’s perception of reality is taking one serious ass kicking. Two stunningly handsome vampires come to her aide, boldly announce she is their blood mate and send her soaring on waves of orgasmic delight with every touch. It’s a lot for a gal to process in two days!
Tony and Rick weren’t looking for a third, but when the spunky, courageous, sexy-as-hell human woman needs blood, their bodies and souls instantly recognize Sandy as their perfect match. Now they just need to convince her to embrace all they have to offer.
For more info: Please visit Tessie Bradford's web sites below!


www.tessiebradford.com


www.sevensexyscribes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment