Wednesday, December 08, 2010

A Side Trip to Monument Valley

What an incredible afternoon!

I was fortunate enough to take a little side trip late this afternoon after finishing my work at school near Kayenta, Arizona. This being the first time I've visited the area, I really wanted to drive the twenty-plus miles north to the Monument Valley area. What a beautiful and peaceful drive through this monumental (pardon the pun) valley. At times I was awestruck by its simplistic beauty and the sounds of silence.

Here are a few pictures.


I took many, many more pictures than this and tried to pick some of my favorites. I'm looking forward to coming back to work in the school again in the spring, so I can perhaps have another peek. We ended our day by eating dinner at the restaurant in the hotel perched on the rim of the valley. For more information about the hotel and restaurant (just in case you are in the area) visit the web site for The View.
Post a Comment