Saturday, September 10, 2011

Up with the chickens...

It's 4:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning. At 1:58 a.m. I woke, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, as they say. I didn't know what time it was, having left my cell phone, which serves as my alarm clock, in the kitchen the night before. I had intended to sleep in--to sleep until I woke up.

I had no clue that would be 1:58 a.m. As I stumbled into the kitchen ready to start the coffee maker, I glanced at the kitchen clock. Groan. I knew it was early, it was still dark outside, but I had figured it was maybe something like 5:30. Noooooo...  Not me, not lately.

My sleep habits lately have run amok. Not sure why, I thought I had finally nipped that in the bud, since I'd started back to work full-time. Admittedly, I had fallen into some bad sleep habits the year-and-a-half I had worked from home. It hadn't mattered then.

I think it sort of matters now.



So, at 1:59 a.m. I decided there was nothing to do about it but go with it. I brewed the coffee, fixed some breakfast, and watched a little of the Weather Channel rehash the hurricane Irene story. Then a little of some comedy sketch. Then I decided to clean my office.

A good thing. I cleared some boxes, dumped some conference bags with conference goodies long forgotten, sorted some things. I can now open my office closet door without fear of items falling off shelves. Progress. Maybe rising early isn't so bad.

Now, what else can I do?

Blog? Well, okay. I should do that. I've not done that in a while. After all, I'm on my second cup of coffee already. So here you go, a blog. Random as it is.

Write? Perhaps I should do that, too. After all, I do have a deadline, and now that I've cleared the cobwebs from the office, perhaps I can continue to clear them from my head and work on finishing up the latest story.

All right. So there is the plan. It's now 4:39 a.m. Here is wishing you a Saturday morning of sleeping in, but just in case you're up like me, I hope you are productive.

I'm off. Talk soon.
Post a Comment