Monday, August 13, 2012

First and Last Monday - What book is this?

My nose is in a lot of books. A LOT OF BOOKS. Sometimes I get to read for pleasure, other times for research, and quite often for editing, proofing or formatting.

So, I see a lot of text and one thing that I have discovered is that the first and last sentences of a story are important -- I guess we all know that to some extent, right? But what I didn't realize is how often those first and last sentences actually go together in a beautiful and synchronistic kind of way. (okay, I think I made that word up, either that or it's misspelled...)

That's why I'm starting a new feature here on my blog every Monday. It's called "First and Last Monday." (original, eh?)

I'll post the first and last sentence of a book I've recently read. I'll ask you what you think happens in between and if you know the book. On the next Monday I'll reveal what the book is. Cool, huh? Oh, and one person who comments will win a free ebook. Even juicier, right? Okay, so here goes.


FIRST AND LAST MONDAY - What book is this? 

Catherine stepped from the dock onto the creaky planks. She gave Dawson a reason to love again and they both found safe harbor in the circle of each other’s arms and in the deep and eternal ocean of their love. 

1. What do you think happens between the first and last sentence of this book?

2. Do you know the title and the author?

Respond in the comments section of this post for a chance to win a free ebook copy of CONVINCING NORA!

p.s. If you are the author, you can't guess! LOL
Post a Comment