Sunday, June 16, 2013

Herding the dust bunnies...


Not only the physical ones but the virtual ones.

Last week I cleaned my day job office -- filing, shredding, recycling, etc...  Felt good to work in a clean and organized office. I had fully intended to give my home office and my entire house the same treatment this weekend.

Didn't happen.

Instead, I did some other computer work and then when that was finished, decided to revamp my website. So, that's what I did. But honestly, there were a lot of dust bunnies there that needed to be taken care of, as well.

Like, the Coming Soon spot on the site needed updating. I mean, I have a THIS WEEK release and didn't even have the cover up there yet. Gah! I need to get organized and clear the clutter.

So I dug in. I decided that my website looked like an 80s style dining room with bad wall paper border. Oh, it wasn't really that bad (I don't think) but the mauve and gold needed a freshening up. I was not real fond of the decorating schemes in the 80s, anyway.

It's still a work in progress but you can check out the progress here, if you want. And I'll be needing to further update this blog too. Like, the header needs an overhaul, since I matched the colors here, to the web site. Right now we'll keep with the plain "Maddie James Blog" thingie above.

Looks classy, eh?

Now, I suppose I have to blog. That's been a pitiful attempt lately, if you can even call posting some infographics blogging. (Sigh) All of this sprucing up and herding of dust bunnies should not go for naught though, right? Well, stay tuned. Well see....

p.s. Please just ignore the dust bunnies if you see them. I'm trying to take care of them. Truly.
Post a Comment