Thursday, May 08, 2014

The Sophie Chronicles

This girl.

See her smile? This smile greets me every morning and makes me giggle like a little girl. This smile means unconditional love and affection. This smile means that I am totally and completely enamoured with this girl.

My Sophie.

My sister and I, once we were grown and out of our parents' house, used to tease our Mom that her dogs were our siblings. Right now, our current sibling is Missy. She's a great companion for my parents and they, in turn, treat her like gold. I mean, who else gets hand-fed turkey bologna and cheese every day?

But I'm just like them. I never would have guessed I could be so attached to this puppy. But I am. And yeah, I feed her special stuff. Instead of turkey and cheese though, Sophie gets chopped up chicken breasts stirred into her food. Sometimes eggs. Did I mention turkey meatballs. But hey, she's my girl, right?

Sophie is a rescue dog. I got her from the Great Pyrenees Rescue org, although I don't think she has a bit of Pyr in her. Maybe her coat, I don't know. I think she is more collie, than anything. She is a little high-strung, has been in the puppy stage waaaaay too long, and she barks waaaaayyy too much. (ask my neighbors!) She also gives me kisses every morning along with that smile, is protective of me to no end, and gives the best dog hugs ever.

And all of that is worth every destuffed toy animal, chewed flip-flop, and wet stain on the carpet. After all, giggling like a little girl is never a bad thing.
Post a Comment